Government Resources

Adult Protective Services Hotline
(800) 352-6513
APS investigates reports of abuse and neglect involving incapacitated adults and facility residents.

Attorney General (West Virginia)
(304) 558-2021
The AG is the chief legal officer of the State of West Virginia.

Bureau for Medical Services (West Virginia)
(304) 558-1700
BMS is responsible for the administration of the State’s Medicaid program.


Bureau of Senior Services (West Virginia)
(877) 987-3646
The WV Bureau of Senior Services (BOSS) is a cabinet –level agency within state government and is the federally recognized state unit on aging. The BOSS’s mission is to be the premier advocate for the provision of in-home and community services for West Virginia’s seniors and others served by its programs.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(800) 232-4636 TTY: (888) 232-6348
The CDC protects citizens’ health and safety through disease prevention, improving environmental health, and health promotion activities.

Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS) -
US Department of Health and Human Services

(877) 267-2323

CMS ensures effective health care coverage and promotes quality care for beneficiaries.

Department of Health and Human Resources (West Virginia)
(304) 558-0684
The WVDHHR administers the Medicaid program and other health care programs in the State.

Golden Mountaineer Discount Program
(877) 987-3646

Senior West Virginians age 60 and older may receive a card which provides discounts at participating retailers and business.

Governor’s Office (West Virginia)
(304) 558-2000
The Governor is the chief executive of the state of West Virginia.

Long Term Care Ombudsman (West Virginia)
(304) 558-3317
(800) 834-0598
The mission of the long term care ombudsman is to enhance the quality of life, improve the level of care, protect individual rights, and promote the dignity of each senior citizen and/or person with a disability, of any age, housed in a long-term care facility.

Office of Health Facility Licensure and Certification (OHFLAC)
(304) 558-0050
OHFLAC assures minimum standards in personal care, assisted living, and nursing homes, including the investigation of care complaints.

Secretary of State (West Virginia)
(304) 558-6000
The Secretary of State oversees official records, election laws, business and charity filings and emergency rules.

Social Security Administration
(800) 772-1213
The SSA collects and distributes retirement payments, provides support to survivors, and assists participants unable to work.

United States Department of Veterans Affairs
(800) 827-1000.
The VA provides information on VA programs, benefits, veteran facilities, and other supportive activities.

West Virginia Developmental Disabilities Council
(304) 558-0416 or (304) 558-2376 (TDD).
The WVDDC represents and advocates for the interests and needs of people with developmental disabilities.

West Virginia Legislature’s Office of Reference and Information
(304) 347-4836
This office disseminates information on all facets of the legislative process.